Am I a real Psychic/Intuitive? Is this all just Magic tricks and NonSense? Psychics and Intuitives are often criticized for being fakes or scam artists. Interestingly I thought it was quackery, too (how ironic and perfect that this is now my chosen profession)
This video clip from Adam Ruins Everything spells out the criticisms pretty well.
[youtube id=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/QpbTCNOYDWU” width=”600″ height=”350″ autoplay=”no” api_params=””
Here are some of the things I’d like to point out for me, as a professional intuitive who takes my work very seriously and sacredly:
- I’m fortunate enough and mainstream enough to have my MBA and an undergraduate in Finance and Economics (BBA). I enjoyed 22 years of successful business experience, continuously gaining promotions at the firms I worked for (including Hewlett-Packard, Wells Fargo Bank, and a high-tech start up firm). I discovered my exceptional spiritual gifts at the age of 38 quite by accident (but no near deaths involved and no scary hitting rock bottom shit either – woohoo for smooth transitions and not hitting the bottom before you go up). Subsequently I chose (yes, I am proud of that – mainly because I really don’t like being told what to do and I’m lucky enough to never have been asked to leave a job) to leave my successful business career to spend more time with my daughters, husband and to further explore my spiritual gifts. I used to think psychics and astrology and all that was just stupid woowoo crazy talk ~ this took awhile for me to get used to as well! I do this “spiritual work” because I love it, I’m super good at it, I have a very rare take on all things existential which gets results where outdated new age stuff needs to be replaced, for real. Also, I love helping people and I can see this work I offer is making a difference in this world and more specifically with my audience and clients. I have other choices for how to make a great living and to meaningfully share myself with this world but I choose this. (Even though I really, really miss my IT department, PR, Marketing, Accounting and some great and super smart co-workers that I had in corporate – life is so much about rare opportunities, compromises and priorities).
- Since I first started doing readings, I was guided to spend the first 1/3 of the session time sharing first everything that I am “getting” for the client, through interacting directly with what Christians would refer to as Holy Spirit and what mindfulness peeps would call Source or Creator. I know nothing from the client or about the client in advance, I’m not fishing for information, I don’t ask for any details about the client beforehand other than how to contact them for the session. The client begins asking their questions, if they have any, only later into the session, often to find out that their questions were answered while I was sharing in that first part. I am sharing what your team of heavenly/eternal/God-based support wants You to know… My clients include those very well-versed and even advanced in enlightenment teachings, some very “mainstream” business leaders, professionals from various fields and even members of the clergy (I’m not kidding, even two Catholic priests)! I am known for my integrity, honesty, amazing connection to God, clarity in communication, willingness to tell you even the most uncomfortable truths, cutting edge wisdom and cosmology, truly life-changing readings and helping you feel like the amazing soulful energy that you Are eternally and here. There is just so much bullshit stuff in the New Age and, frankly, it drives me crazy ~ this motivates me to share what I am shown is the truth, so we can get serious about being effing amazing humans. I’m tired of humanity pussy footing around!! We’ve got sacred shit to do, damnit 🙂
- Am I reading your mind/telepathic? Well, if I am then how can my clients explain the fact that I am telling them things they didn’t know?! Happens a l l t h e t i m e in my work. Now, I am not a fan of readers and psychics that are telling you things you already know (what is the value of someone telling you the color of your first car, seriously; how is that making the world a better place)? I have better things to do with my time, talents, education and abilities than pretend to offer soulful information by reading my client’s fudging minds. My consistently high referral and repurchase rates speak for themselves.
- From when I first started doing readings, I was led to record every session, knowing that such powerful information was going to be transmitted that the client wouldn’t be able to capture it all from the live experience. Why would I willingly offer an mp3 recording with every single reading if it was full of nonsense, bullshit, scammy information? (yes, I swear, fyi)
- I do all my sessions over the phone, Skype or Facetime, letting the client decide which. Their is no body language for me to read 🙂 And even when I’ve done in person sessions when I was starting out, I tended to close my eyes at the beginning of the session while I connected, still having me share for the first 1/3 of our session time.
These are just some of the ways I can tell you that the services I offer are legitimate and how much I respect my client, their time, resources and worthiness to receive actual support from their team.
I am confident in my work, but not arrogant. Arrogance is believing that I am a rock star… and you aren’t. In my case, I definitely have chosen to own my rock star amazingness supernatural layers… And I would love nothing more than for you to do the same for yourself. Because I know that we are A L L individual rock stars. And, I would really like to see what this world, what the human race, can actually do and be when more and more of us are stepping up to these levels. Especially knowing how much I’ve upgraded myself through my own reconsiderations of identity and strange but real soulful integrations (sorry but there are no mainstream words to call it and I accept that it sounds like fluff, but… it isn’t and you’ll never know this for yourself if you keep calling it new age bullshit. Got it, rock star?).